Wendy of Wendy’s Kitchen Table is always baking something delicious and today it’s her famous Lemon Coconut Cream Muffins.
One look at the photos and we were hooked. The Lemon Curd is literally oozing out of the middle and you just know they are going to be yummy. So, without further ado, let’s see what you will need.
Lemon Coconut Cream Muffins Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 90 g butter, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 x 400ml can light coconut cream, well shaken
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 12 teaspoons Lemon Curd (Store bought or see my recipe under preserves)
Lemon Coconut Cream Muffins Instructions
- Preheat oven to 200˚C or 180˚C fan forced. Spray a 12 hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl place the dry ingredients.
- In a microwave-safe jug melt the butter. Add the coconut cream, egg and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold until just combined. Lastly, mix in the lemon juice.
- Fill a quarter of each muffin hole with cake mixture. Then add a teaspoon of lemon curd. Then fill remaining muffin holes with cake mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until just firm to the touch. Because of the coconut cream, the muffins will look quite light in color but will still be cooked.
- Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes before turning muffins out onto a wire rack to cool.
Want more Wendy? Check out all her recipes here