These Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are perfect for a sweet treat and how delicious do they look? They get rave reviews too!
You only need 5 very simple ingredients and the prep time is minimal. If you want to hear how good they are, this is what Pamela, the creator says.
“For a change of pace from the standard Southern-style lemon bars, you need to look no further! This recipe is easy and the taste is divine. I have also made this with Splenda and low-fat cream cheese and they were just as wonderful.”
This is a fail-proof recipe that you will make time and again! The easy recipe uses Crescent Dough. We have also included a short and easy to follow video tutorial that will step you through the process .
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars Video
We have included a video tutorial to show you how to recreate these Lemon Cream Cheese Bars at home. The video is hosted by All Recipes. Click Play above to watch now ^
Lemon Bar Ingredients
- cooking spray
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury® Recipe Creations®), divided
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
Lemon Bar Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching to the edges.
- Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar into lemon zest mixture using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; spread over crescent roll dough layer.
- Unroll the second can of crescent roll dough and layer over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer. Mix remaining lemon zest and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl; sprinkle over butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Lift dessert from baking dish using foil; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares, leaving on foil. Return dessert to the baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.