Our community is head over heels for Lemon Recipes and when we spied this amazing Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Recipe on one of our favorite Food Sites, Foodiful – we knew it was a winner!
In fact, we have spent many hours browsing their beautiful site. We were in complete awe with the various collections of recipes that they have. We particularly love their old fashioned food series.
Photo Credit Joe Filshie via Foodiful
From fast meals to decadent desserts, there’s something for everyone. They have graciously allowed us to share those we love the most with you. We put this Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake Slice on the top of our must-have recipe list.
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Slice Ingredients
- 250 g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 125 g butter, melted
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water, cooled
- 300 ml thickened cream
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ¾ cup caster sugar
Recipe via Foodiful
Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake Method
- Line an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper. Mix crushed biscuits and butter in a bowl. Press into base of pan. Chill for 20 min. Spoon lemon curd randomly over the base.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl using electric beaters until smooth. Add cooled gelatine mixture and beat until just combined. Add cream, lemon zest and juice and continue beating until smooth. Spoon over the lemon curd base and smooth surface. Cover, chill for 4-5 hr until set or overnight if time permits.
- To make the meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at time, beating constantly until thick and glossy.
- Spoon meringue over the top of cheesecake to cover and use the back of a spoon to create peaks. Brown meringue with a blowtorch or place under a hot grill. Cut into slices to serve. Store in the fridge.
As mentioned earlier, Foodiful is one of our favorite recipe sites. We thank them for sharing this recipe and if you have enjoyed it, please join their free newsletter and follow them on Facebook too.