Did your Nana used to make you Lemonade Scones? Ours did, and she was famous for her rockin’ Rock Buns too!
Her Scones were in a league of their own and when we came across this 3 ingredient version in our travels, we couldn’t wait to share. Have you heard or tried Lemonade Scones?
They are legendary and a popular CWA (Country Women’s Association) Recipe. All you need is Lemonade, Cream and Flour to make these deliciously light and fluffy treats.
Slather on Jam and Cream and watch them fly off the plate. This is an easy and delicious recipe that you will make continuously!
Did you know that the girls from the bush have their own book out? Now you can have their legendary recipes in a keepsake.
There are over 60 simple and delicious recipes. Get Your Copy of The CWA Recipe Book —here
Lemonade Scones CWA Ingredients
- 1 cup Pure Cream
- 1 cup Lemonade
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Flour, for dusting
- Jam and Cream to serve
Lemonade Scones CWA Video Tutorial
We have included a video tutorial from Wendy’s Kitchen Table.
She gives you all the tips and trips needed to make these amazing Lemonade Scones. You don’t need any butter for these either. Click Play above now to view the video tutorial ^
Lemonade Scones CWA Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan forced) or 200 C (conventional).
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the cream and then the lemonade.
- Quickly (but gently!) combine the ingredients into a dough in order to trap as many bubbles as possible into the mixture.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and, once again gently, roll it out to a thickness of about 2cm.
- Cut your scones out with a cutter. Arrange evenly on a tray and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Serve with jam and thickened cream.
Check out the CWA Jelly Cakes Recipe Here