They’re dreamy, they’re creamy and our friends at Foodiful are here today to share another of their very popular recipes.
If you are yet to visit, do yourself a favor. They have collections of perfection at every turn. Every time we visit we are hooked and you will be too. Their recipes are amazing and really hit the spot!
We put in a specific request to share their luscious Lemon Coconut Meringue Slice and they obliged. The minute we saw how lush this Slice look, we had to share.
This is not the first time they have served us up an incredible Lemon Meringue recipe though. One of the favorites on our site of all time is without doubt their Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake Slice and if you are yet to try it, we highly recommend it.
Lemon Coconut Meringue Slice Ingredients
- melted butter, for greasing
- 250g (8.8oz) packet plain sweet biscuits
- 125g (4.4oz) butter, melted
- 395g (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
Lemon Coconut Meringue Sice Video
This recipe is for confident cooks and will yield 16 squares. We highly recommend that you watch the quick video tutorial from Foodiful that will step you through the recipe.
Click Play above to view now ^
Photo Credit: Chris Jones
Lemon Coconut Meringue Slice Method
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350D). Grease a 30 x 20cm slice tin with melted butter and line with baking paper. Put biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until
well combined. Press mixture into base of prepared tin. Freeze for 10 minutes or until set.
- Combine condensed milk,
zest, juice and yolks in a bowl. Pour mixture over base and spread evenly.
- Put egg whites in the small bowl of an electric mixer and beat until frothy. With motor running, add sugar,
1 tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until a thick shiny meringue forms. Fold coconut through meringue. Spread meringue over slice filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until meringue is golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares and serve.