There are so many health benefits when it comes to Zucchini and there’s lots of reasons to add it to your diet. In fact, we have found that our community has embraced such recipes and the Zucchini Fritters are one of the consistently popular recipes on our site.
Today we are sharing another great idea with you. We’re introducing you to Zucchini Noodles and it’s a great alternative to carb laden Pasta and so much healthier for you.
Zucchini Noodles are often referred to as Zoodles. Whatever you choose to call them, delicious is probably the most apt description!
They look wonderful plated up with your favorite dish and you can even mix them with yellow squash when in season.
They are gluten free and if you are a big pasta eater, you can swap out to zucchini and not feel like you are missing out.
9 Health Benefits Of Eating Zucchini
So, before we get into how to make your Zucchini Noodles, we thought we would run through some of the many health benefits of Zucchini. Dr Axe has this great infographic that outlines 9 reasons why Zucchini should be part of your diet.
As you can see, it improves eye health, is a great source of antioxidants and is low in calories and carbs. It also aids with thyroid balance and adrenal function. It can also reduce the risk of diabetes, is a great source of potassium and vitamin B.
How To Make Zucchini Noodles Video Tutorial
We have included a video from All Recipes. You will be shown how to make Zucchini Noodles in the comfort of your own kitchen.
The video shows you how to make them using a Vegetable Peeler but if you prefer, a Spiralizer is a great alternative. You can check out the range here. To watch the video, click Play above ^
Zucchini Noodles Cooking Instructions
This is a highly rated recipe on All Recipes and comes from member Becka. This is what she says about her recipe.
“These Zucchini Noodles are a tasty and fairly simple way for people on a gluten-free or wheat-free diet to enjoy a noodle dish. I usually use 4 zucchini and 2 summer squash for a colorful mix.”
Zucchini Noodles Ingredients
- 6 Zucchini
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1 Clove Garlic. minced (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
Preparation Time 35 minutes Cooking Time 10 Minutes
- Cut zucchini into thin, noodle-like strips (a mandoline works well for this). Toss with the 2 teaspoons salt, and place in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add zucchini; cook for one minute. Drain; rinse immediately with cold water to stop cooking.
- Heat margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini and garlic; cook and stir until just tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.