If you love your Potatoes, especially Mashed, today we have a special treat for you. Next time you have leftover mash, be sure to put this tried and true Mashed Potato Balls Recipe to the test.
This easy and delicious idea comes to us from Ella from Home Cooking Adventure and she bakes hers in the oven. This makes them healthier but be warned, they are highly addictive.
Mashed Potato Balls Ingredients
Makes about 20 balls
- 1 pound (450g) potatoes, boiled with their skin on and chilled
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup (70g) cheddar cheese, cut in 1/2 inch (1cm) cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Bread crumbs mixture
- 1 cup (60g) panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2g) smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp (15g) oil
How To Make Mashed Potato Balls Video
via Home Cooking Adventure
Ella is here to show you how to make her healthier Mashed Potato Balls. We highly recommend that you view her video so that you get the best result. Click Play above to watch now ^
Oven-Baked Mashed Potato Balls Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. In a large bowl mash the potatoes using a potato masher or grate using the small holes of the grater.
3. Add green onion, garlic powder, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. In another bowl combine panko bread crumbs with smoked paprika and oil, until oil is absorbed.
5. Dust your hands with flour, take about a spoon of potato mixture, flatten and add a cheese cube in the center.
6. Wrap and form into a ball. Roll in flour, dip in egg and then roll in panko mixture, pressing if necessary to stick well. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
7. Place the ball into a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and crisp. Don’t over bake or the cheese will start to seep out.
9. Cool for a few minutes before serving.