Easy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. This Mini Zucchini Quiche Recipe from WHOot contributor Phoodie, is absolutely scrumptious!
This recipe involves a little cheat, using store-bought tart shells instead of homemade. It’s quick and easy and the results are lip-smacking.
Mini Zucchini Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion – finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed
- 3 zucchinis – grated, only grate down each side until you see seeds, then stop grating
- 1 heaped tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- A dash of thickened cream
- 3.5 oz / 100g grated cheese (parmesan works well, but any type is fine!)
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mini Zucchini Quiche Instructions
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
In a pan over medium heat, fry off the onion and garlic in the olive oil until it becomes translucent.
Add in the grated zucchini and stir through, cook over low heat for 3 mins and then add in the butter.
Continue to stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Take off the heat and allow to cool almost completely.
In a small bowl/jug combine eggs, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper,
Add the egg mix to the COOLED zucchini mix and then spoon into store-bought tart shells (pre-arranged on a baking paper-lined tray.)
Cook for about 15 mins or until filling is just set.
More Phoodie Recipes To Try
- Get Phoodies Printable Recipe Here
- Emerald City Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Toblerone 3 Ingredient Mousse
Be sure to Follow Phoodie on Facebook.