This Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe has been an internet sensation for our WHOot Contributor Phoodie.
We initially gave her the brief to make something no-bake using chocolate and mint and so her Emerald City Mint Cheesecake was born! This Wizard Of Oz-inspired treat is utterly delicious.
What we love about this recipe is that it includes a Chocolate Ripple biscuit base but any sweet chocolate biscuit can be used.
It is also decorated with Mint Slice, Flakes, Aero Bars to name a few. You will need a 25cm tin with tall sides, approximately 12 cm’s (filling it all the way to the top) for this cheesecake. So, let’s take a look at what you are going to need for this recipe.
Cheesecake Base Ingredients
- 100g (3.5oz) Mint Slice biscuits
- 400g (14oz) Choc Ripple biscuits
- 200g (7oz) butter, melted
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 5 x 225g (8oz) packets Cream Cheese – Room Temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 5 cups whipped cream
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon green food dye (you can vary this amount depending on how green you want it to be!)
- 1 block, 118g, (4oz) Nestle Aero Mint Chocolate, chopped
For the Topping
- 200g (7oz) Dark Chocolate Melts
- 100ml (3oz) Thickened cream
To Decorate Cheesecake
Phoodie used 3 Cadbury Flakes, 12 Mint Slices, 5 Peppermint Crisps & 3 Blocks Aero Mint. You can vary amounts to personal taste.
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake No Bake Recipe
NOTE: Make sure the cream cheese is at room temp and that your cream (for the filling) is already whipped and set aside.
1) Blitz the Choc Ripple and Mint Slice biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Combine with the melted butter in a bowl and mix.
Transfer to baking paper-lined tin (I also grease edges up with melted butter so it doesn’t stick!) and using hands push evenly into the base and up the sides of the tin. Place in the fridge to set.
2) Place room temp cream cheese and sugar in an electric mixer and beat on slow for 2 mins, increase speed to medium for extra 5 minutes and mix on high for a further five minutes. You want to keep going until there are NO lumps and light and airy.
3) Turn mixer off and add in food dye and peppermint extract and then turn back on and mix again on medium until well combined.
4) Turn mixer off and very gently fold through the chopped Aero and whipped cream. It is important that you are gentle when doing this part but it is also important that the mixture is well-combined, so take your time!
5) Pour filling into the base and smooth top with a spatula. Set in the fridge. This should set properly within 3 hours but I prefer to make it the day before I am serving and then to finish the topping the next day.
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
6) To make the chocolate ganache topping, place the chocolate and the cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds at 10-second intervals, stirring in between. When fully melted, set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
7) Remove cheesecake from the fridge and slowly pour the ganache over the top of it.
You can use as much or as little of this as you like. The remainder can be stored in the fridge for about 5 days and used as fudge sauce. Be sure it doesn’t spill over the edges too much!
8) Allow the ganache topping to set slightly (should take about 5 minutes) before generously decorating the top in an array of Arnott’s Mint Slice biscuits, Cadbury Flakes, Nestle Peppermint Crisp Bars, and Nestle Aero Bubbly!
More Phoodie Recipes To Try
Be sure to Follow Phoodie on Facebook