If you love a good, rich dessert as much as we do then you’re going to love this treat that’s perfect for the holidays!
Phoodie’s done it again and brought us this delectable Mint Chocolate Mousse With Peppermint Crisp Crumble! Learn the simple steps to make it below.
Mint Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
For 8 servings
For the mousse
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 155g (5.5oz) plain milk chocolate
- 50g (1.7oz) Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Mint or Similar
- 105g (3.7oz)white marshmallows
- An additional 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream – whipped
For the base
- 250g (1cup) Arnott’s Choc Ripple (or any plain chocolate cookie)
- 5 x 35g (1.2oz ea) Peppermint Crisp chocolate bars
- 150g (5.3oz) of a mixture of Mint M and Ms and Mint Malteasers
Mint Chocolate Mousse Instructions
1) Roughly chop the 205g of Plain and Mint Cadbury chocolate and place it in a large microwave-safe bowl with the cup of cream and the marshmallows. Stir thoroughly.
2) Microwave on high for 3 minutes (At 30-second intervals, stirring to ensure that it doesn’t burn.)
NOTE: It may take more or less than 3 minutes in your microwave, you are simply aiming to melt all of these ingredients together. As such, you could also do this on the stove, either directly or use a Bain Marie – but make sure to stir so it doesn’t burn!
3) Remove mixture from microwave, use a whisk to give it a good stir and set aside on your bench for it to cool completely.
4) Whip the additional cream to soft peak stage.
5) Add the whipped cream to the cooled Chocolate mixture – start by folding it through with a spatula and then use a whisk to combine it at the final stages. The mixture should be very smooth, you don’t want any random lumps of cream.
6) To make the base, blitz the Choc Ripple biscuits to a fine crumb and place in a bowl. Roughly chop the Peppermint Crisps into small pieces and add this to the biscuit crumb. Mix well.
7) Place a tablespoon of Peppermint crisp crumb into each glass, pour in the mousse mixture and then place the cups in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight to set.
8) Once set, top each mousse with another tablespoon of Peppermint Crisp crumb and then sprinkle some M and Ms and Malteasers over the top to serve. Enjoy!
More Phoodie Recipes To Try
Phoodie is a valuable contributor to our site and we’d love you to follow her on Facebook.