These No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Jars are the ultimate sweet treat. The beauty of this stunning dessert is they are quick, easy and pretty!
We love anything in a jar and they are perfect for celebrations or the ideal finish to a get-together or a romantic candlelit dinner for two.
Cherry Cheesecake Jars Ingredients
25 minutes prep time, serves 8.
- 8 McVitties Digestive Biscuits
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 400g (14oz) cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Jars Video Tutorial
via McVities Canada, Youtube
We are including this quick video from McVities Canada. It shows you how to put together this gorgeous dessert.
If you don’t have access to McVities, you can use our homemade recipe here or any sweet biscuit for the base. To watch, click Play above ^
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Jars Recipe
via McVities, Canada.
1. Place the McVities Digestives in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
2. In a small pan, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the McVities Digestives.
3. Divide the biscuit mixture between the eight jars and press down lightly with the end of a wooden spoon or a teaspoon.
4. Whip the whipping cream into stiff peaks.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
6. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture then place in the fridge.
7. Blend the cherries in a blender until you have a smooth puree.
8. Place the cherries, water, and sugar in a pan and heat on medium heat until the cherries soften and the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool.
9. Layer the whipped cream over the McVitie’s Digestives base in the jars, then top with the cherry filling.
10. Serve in mason jars for a really pretty look. If you don’t have cherries available, you can sub with a canned version that you would use as cherry pie filling.