We fell in love the minute we saw these Nutella Banana Hand Pies on Home Cooking Adventure.
Recipe Queen Ella, has really knocked it out the park and since you all loved her Apple Pie Upside Down Cake so much, we had to share another of her amazing creations.
Nutella Banana Hand Pie Ingredients
Makes 15 hand pies
Hand Pies Pie Dough
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 4 tbsp (60ml) ice cold water
Filling For Hand Pies
- 1/4 cup (25g) toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 small banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (150g) Nutella
- Beaten egg
- Brown sugar
Nutella Banana Hand Pies Video Tutorial
These Nutella Banana Hand Pies are easy to whip up. You will end up with 15 mini pies and they are real crowd-pleasers.
Ella crimps her edges with a fork and it’s just one of the great tricks you will learn with her video. Click Play above to watch now ^
Nutella Banana Hand Pies Instructions
1. Prepare the pie dough. In a medium bowl whisk flour with salt and sugar. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add water and stir until incorporated.
2. Wrap in plastic wrap, shape into a disk and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside until ready to use.
4. On a floured surface roll dough to 1/8 inch (3mm) thick. Cut out out 3 1/2 inch (9 cm) circles. Re-roll remaining dough and cut into circles until you run out of dough.
5. Place about 1 tsp nutella on one half of the circle and top with chopped hazelnuts and a slice of banana. Brush the edges of the circle with beaten egg and fold the dough over the filling to create a semi-circle. Use a fork to press the edges together to seal.
6. Place the pies on the prepared baking tray. Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg and sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Get Printable Recipe here.