One of the most popular meal ideas on our site is one dish recipes. They are quick, easy and delicious.
This One-Dish Moroccan Chicken Rice Bake from Wendy’s Kitchen Table is a true crowd favorite. It’s the perfect blend of seasonal veggies and chicken, all in one dish and without the mess.
One-Dish Moroccan Chicken Rice Bake Video
When it comes to this easy and delicious meal, you can take Wendy’s word for it when she says that it’s a keeper. Her community raves about it and so will you.
It’s another favorite, much like her famous Baked Sour Cream Chicken. To see how to make it, click Play above ^
One-Dish Moroccan Chicken Rice Bake Recipe
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 1 ½ tablespoon Masterfoods Moroccan seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 kg (35oz) skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into big chunks
- 2 cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup of frozen corn
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- steamed green beans, to serve
Morrocan Chicken Rice Bake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (400F) /180˚C (360F) fan-forced.
- Combine jam, seasoning, garlic, and oil in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Season with salt.
- Place rice in a 5cm deep, rectangular lasagna dish.
- Top with onion, tomato, peas, and corn. Pour over the stock and ¼ cup lemon juice. Top with chicken.
- Bake uncovered, for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice tender.
- Serve with steamed green beans.