A big favorite with our community is baking and today you are in for a real treat. WHOot Contributor Dave is here to share his recipe for orange chiffon cake with orange glaze and you are going to love it.
With simple ingredients, this incredibly moist cake will be a brand new favorite in your home. Dave says it’s a cross between an oil and a sponge cake and has a wonderful airy texture to it.
PHOTO Dave Hood, Cook’n Share
Orange Chiffon Cake With Orange Glaze Recipe
via Dave Hood, Cook’n Share
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of orange juice
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbs of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of corn starch
- zest from 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
How To Make Chiffon Orange Cake Video
via Dave Hood, Cook’n Share, Youtube.
Are you ready to learn how to recreate Dave’s delicious orange chiffon cake at home? He’s on standby to step you through the process. In order to achieve the best possible outcome, we highly recommend that you view. To see Dave in action, click Play above ^
PHOTO via The Cook’n Share
Orange Chiffon Cake Recipe Instructions
via Dave Hood, The Cook’n Share
- Preheat oven to 325 F or 160 C.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar to the egg yolks. Whisk until pale in color. Add in the vegetable oil, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, corn starch, and baking powder. Whisk until no lumps. Set it aside.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy and bubbly. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and continue whipping for 5 minutes or so on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter, half at a time, until a homogeneous mixture forms.
- Pour the mixture into a cone pan in the same location. Tap the pan to even out the mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioner’s sugar and orange juice. Mix until well combined.
- Remove the cake from the oven and turn the pan upside down and allow the cake to cool completely. This will take an hour or so.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen the cake, and remove the cake from the pan.
- Pour the drizzle over the top of the cake and serve.
- Enjoy your orange chiffon cake.