Have you discovered the Potato Rosti Cake baked recipe? It’s a wonderful side dish that has a crunch and everyone loves it …
This Baked Potato Rosti Recipe is an old time favorite that everyone loves. Many Austrian and European Restaurants serve it as a side dish with their meals. There’s a reason everyone loves it!
It’s a perfect addition to any family meal and tastes delicious hot or cold, assuming left-overs! Try it for a weekend brunch or lunch, in fact, anytime at all! Scroll our post and watch the video too.
Ingredients For Potato Rosti Baked Recipe -:
- 5 rashers streaky bacon
- 1½ kg Maris Piper potato, peeled
- 5 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
butter, for greasing
Potato Rosti Cake Video Tutorial
We have included a video that shows you how to make your own Potato Rosti Cake at home. To view, click Play below.
Recipe and Images via BBC Good Food
How To Make Potato Rosti Cake Recipe -:
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Dry-fry the bacon in a pan for 5 mins until crisp, then chop into small pieces. Boil the whole potatoes for 5 mins, drain, then place in a bowl of chilled water.
- When cool enough to handle, pat the potatoes dry and roughly grate into a large bowl. Toss with the oil as you go, to stop them from sticking. Roughly grate the onion and squeeze out any excess juice, then stir into the potatoes along with the bacon.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven for 5 mins to warm through. Liberally grease a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin with butter. Scatter the potato over the tin, trying not to pack it down, then dot all over the top with butter. Place on the hot baking sheet and bake in the oven for 1 hr 20 mins until the potatoes are cooked through and crisp on top.
Chorizo and Bacon Potato Rosti via Pikalily
Chorizo and Bacon Baked Potato Rosti Recipe
- 4 Large potatoes
- 1 Large onion
- 4 Slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 Chorizo sausage, chopped
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil – grease dish
- Knob butter
- Get Full Recipe here