We all love Lemon Meringue Pie, but had you considered Passionfruit Meringue Pie? We were excited to discover this recipe from our WHOot Contributor Vanya of VJ Cooks.
According to Vanya, this Passionfruit Meringue Pie is heaven on a plate and tastes great. She highly recommends it to us all.
Passionfruit Meringue Pie Video Tutorial
WHOot Contributor Vanya is here to share her super popular Passionfruit Meringue Pie with us.
She has created a one minute video that we highly recommend you view. To watch, click Play above ^
Passionfruit Meringue Pie Recipe
Here’s what you will need to make Vanya’s Pie.
- 2 sheets of ready rolled sweet short pastry
Passionfruit Meringue Pie Filling
- 1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk (395g)
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (2.5 oz / 80ml)
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp = 3 fresh passionfruit (2 oz / 60ml)
Passionfruit Meringue Pie Meringue
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup of powdered sugar (5oz / 130g)
Vanya is a Kiwi girl and lives in Taupo with her hubby and boys. She has a very engaged community on her Facebook page.
She also has a youtube channel that we’d love you to subscribe.