Phoodie really is one of our favorite FOODIES and today she is sharing her legendary 3 Ingredient Golden Gaytime Cake.
This recipe totally broke the Internet and to say it is delicious, is an understatement! Her take on this famous Icecream is something that you won’t be able to wait and it’s so simple, it’s pure genius!
Ingredients Phoodies Golden Gaytime Cake
(To make a 30cm square cake)
Phoodies Note: This is best made the day you are going to eat it if possible. If not possible, you can make it the day before but I don’t advise to make it any further in advance than that.)
- 9 Golden Gaytime ice creams (make sure to buy them in boxes of 4, much cheaper!)
- 2 litres of plain vanilla ice cream
- 250g plain sweet biscuits (Phoodie used Arnott’s ‘Marie’ but you can use ANY biscuit you like!)
Phoodies Golden Gaytime Cake Video
We’re excited to share Phoodie’s Golden Gaytime Cake Video with you and it is short, sharp and shiny. You will be thrilled to see how easy it is to make. Click Play below to view now ⇓
Phoodies Golden Gaytime Cake Instructions
1) Remove your Vanilla Ice cream from the freezer and allow it to melt slightly (maybe for about 7 or 8 minutes)
2) Line your cake tin with plastic wrap
3) Remove GG’s one at a time from their sticks (I used a knife to help me) and place them ‘good looking side down’ in the tin. (The ‘good looking side’ will end up being the top of your cake) These melt REALLLLLLY quickly so whack this back into the freezer once you are done.
4) Blitz your biscuits into rough chunks in a food processor. Make sure not to OVER blitz – you want texture!
5) Stir the blitzed biscuits through the vanilla ice cream in a large bowl.
6) Spoon the vanilla ice cream / biscuit mix on top of the gaytimes and seal cake with plastic wrap edges.
7) Set in freezer for a minimum of 1 hour.
8) Immediately prior to service, dust in icing sugar.
More Phoodie Recipes To Try
Phoodie is a valuable contributor to our site and we’d love you to follow her on Facebook.