It’s no surprise that this Pink Marshmallow Slice Recipe has been a huge hit and we have a quick video tutorial to show you how …
Our Friends at Foodiful have done it again! They have dug up another old fashioned favorite that you are guaranteed to love.
We are talking about this Pink Marshmallow Slice Recipe that is a pretty picture of perfection! We were excited to see it comes with a quick video too. You’ll find it further down our post.
Pink Marshallow Slice Ingredients
- 3 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for decorating
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
Kids will love this marshmallow slice. With a coconut and Weetbix buttery base, and a pink fluffy topping, adults may also find a weak spot for these treats…
Pink Marshmallow Slice Topping
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatine
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- pink food coloring, to tint
How To Make Pink Marshmallow Slice Video
We have included a Video Tutorial from Foodiful that shows you how to make this easy and delicious Pink Marshmallow Slice Recipe. Click Play above to view now ^
Photo Credit: Andre Martin
Pink Marshmallow Slice Recipe Method
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine Weetbix, flour, coconut, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in butter until well combined. Press mixture firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Cool in pan.
- To make marshmallow topping, sprinkle gelatine over ¼ cup of the water in
a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, place sugar and remaining water in large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes. With motor operating, gradually add gelatine mixture in a thin, steady stream. Beat for a further
8 minutes, or until thick and fluffy. Tint with a few drops
of food coloring.
- Spread over base. Sprinkle with extra coconut. Stand at room temperature until set.
- To serve, lift slice from pan. Cut into squares.
Pink Marshmallow Slice Recipe via Foodiful
As mentioned earlier, Foodiful is one of our favorite recipe sites. We thank them for sharing this recipe and if you have enjoyed it, please join their free newsletter and follow them on Facebook too.