We’re excited to share this Pizza Pinwheels Recipe with you from Home Cooking Adventure. Ella is a whiz in the kitchen and very popular.
Pizza Pinwheels Ingredients
Makes about 32 pinwheels
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 7 oz (200g) butter, chilled, cut in small cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (55 ml) milk
- 10g fresh yeast (1 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz (80g) Pepperoni slices
- For brushing
- 1 small egg, beaten
fresh basil leaves
Pizza Pinwheels Video Tutorial
WHOot Contributor Ella is here to show you how she makes her easy and delicious Homemade Pizza Pinwheels Recipe.
Whilst she makes her own Tomato Sauce, you can substitute your favorite store-bought if you are short on time. To view, click Play above ^
How To Make Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
1. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. In a large bowl whisk flour and salt. Add butter and using a fork or a pastry cutter cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
2. Add dissolved yeast and eggs over the flour mixture. Knead until all flour is incorporated.
3. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours to let the yeast develop.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the tomato pizza sauce if you are making your own or you can use a store-bought version.
5. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
6. On a floured surface divide the dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a 15×10 inch (40x25cm) rectangular.
7. Spread tomato pizza sauce, half of Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepperoni slices on each piece of dough.
8. Roll the dough and cut 1 inch (2.5 cm) slices.
9. Place the rolls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg.
10. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
11. Serve with tomato pizza sauce and fresh basil leaves.