When it comes to moist and delicious, Pumpkin Cake never fails to disappoint. There’s a reason it’s so hugely popular and it’s another old fashioned fave you will be keen to make.
Wendy from Wendy’s Kitchen Table is sharing with us her legendary Pumpkin Cake with Sour Cream Frosting and it gets rave reviews too. It will not disappoint.
Pumpkin Cake Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 250g (8.8oz) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin (see note below)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- ¾ cup buttermilk (see note below)
Sour Cream Frosting
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- toasted almonds/pecans or walnuts to decorate
Pumpkin Cake Cream Frosting Instructions
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350F) or 160˚C (320F) fan. Grease and line a 22cm (8 inch) square cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin. Sift over the flour and mixed spice and stir until just combined. Lastly, fold in buttermilk.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the pan.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the sour cream frosting: Beat sour cream and icing sugar using electric beaters until smooth and slightly thickened. Spread over cake and decorate with toasted nuts.
Want more Wendy?
Check out all her recipes here