This is a real family favorite that is easy on the purse and budget-friendly. You can also substitute Salmon with Tuna or another favorite fish. They make great finger food too.
They hold together beautifully making them perfect for parties and they are addictive so be sure to double up!
You can also play around with the basic recipe. Use mash or sweet potato, rice, in fact anything you can dream up.
Salmon Balls Recipe Video Tutorial
We have included a quick video that shows you how to make Salmon Balls using Sweet Potato.
You can swap out potato with rice and similarly the salmon with Tuna or another favorite. Click Play above ^
How To Make Baked Salmon Balls
- 250g, potatoes, cut into pieces
- 2 x 200g can salmon, drained flaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill leaves, chopped
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup diced spring onions
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to season
- *1 US Cup = 226g
Salmon Balls Instructions
1. Cook your potatoes in saucepan of boiling water until they are tender. Be sure that you drain well and return to pan. Mash your potatoes until smooth consistency.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C (350F), Line baking tray with baking paper.
3. Add salmon, lemon juice, dill, spring onions, mayonnaise and garlic powder to mash. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
4. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll salmon mixture into balls and then roll each ball in breadcrumbs. Place onto tray and repeat. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with tartar or chilli sauce.