Quiche isn’t a meal you would usually associate with quick and easy, but this Self-Crusting Quiche is an exception to the rule.
Straight from Wendy’s Kitchen Table, we’re sharing the easy recipe that is from her friend and known as a ‘throw together’ Quiche.
Self Crusting Quiche Ingredients
You can change this quiche up with favorite vegetables and seasonings, and it will come out perfect every time.
- 4 eggs
- 50g melted butter
- 1 ½ cups tasty cheese
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 6 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of your choice of – chopped mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, capsicum, zucchini, peas, corn, feta, cooked potato, cooked sweet potato or cooked pumpkin, broccoli etc
- Substitute bacon for ham, salmon, tuna or vegetarian
- Gluten Free: use ½ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
Self Crusting Quiche Instructions
Preheat oven to 180˚C or 160˚C fan-forced. Spray a medium to large lasagne dish with non-stick baking spray.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 40-45 minutes until set and golden brown. Can be eaten hot or cold, cut into thick slices.