If you love to bake but are yet to buy a Dutch Oven, today you will learn how you can whip up this Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Recipe that is perfect for when friends and family drop in.
Ella from Home Cooking Adventure is here to share with us this fantastic idea that is easy to make and tastes great. It definitely won’t disappoint.
Skillet Bread Recipe Ingredients
Makes 8-10 servings
- Bread Dough
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose or bread flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 20g fresh yeast (or 2 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1 cup (240ml) warm water
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (28ml) olive oil
Four Cheese Spinach Dip Ingredients
- 8 oz (230g) spinach, frozen, thawed, drained and chopped
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 spring onions, diced
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip Video
via Home Cooking Adventure
Ella has created a video tutorial to show you how to make her Skillet Bread at home. In order to achieve the very best results, we highly recommend that you view. To watch Ella in action, click play above ^
Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip Instructions
1. Prepare the bread dough. Stir yeast with sugar until it liquifies. Dissolve in about ¼ cup (60 ml) warm water. In a large bowl mix flour with salt.
2. Add dissolved yeast, oil and ¾ cup warm water. Mix everything together then knead until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
4. Onto a floured surface turn the dough, knead for few seconds and divide into 16 pieces. Form into balls.
5. Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cast-iron skillet with butter and the outer side of a 5 inch (13cm) diameter bowl. Place the bowl in the center of the skillet and arrange the dough balls around the outside of the skillet.
6. Brush the dough with melted butter, cover the skillet with plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F (180C) and prepare the spinach filling. In a bowl add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
8. Add the rest of ingredients: chopped spinach, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan cheese, green onion, garlic, red pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
9. Remove the bowl from the center of the skillet and add the spinach dip into the center of the skillet.
10. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
11. Bake for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
12. Let it cool slightly for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.