Life’s too short to be stuck in the kitchen, so says Recipe Creator Sarah Olson, the pretty face behind The Magical Slow Cooker.
Her Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole has totally resonated with her followers and it’s completely obvious why to us.
The Magical Slow Cooker Cookbook
Sara is most accomplished. She even has her very own Cookbook filled with her yummy, scrummy slow cooker recipes.
There’s something for everyone. It’s the perfect addition to your collection and makes a great gift. You can get your copy here.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Video
Here’s what you will need for your recipe. There are 5 key ingredients and Sarah uses a 6-quart slow cooker in her video.
We have listed the recipe details at the end of our post. We highly recommend that you view the video so that you can perfect the recipe at home. Click Play above to view now ^
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 28 ounce can Red Enchilada Sauce
Add these ingredients at the end:
- 10 corn tortillas (Sarah used an entire 11.7-ounce bag)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 3.8 ounce can black olives (divided)
Chicken Enchilada Instructions
- Put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce in your slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Cut the tortillas into strips, add to chicken and sauce.
- Add 1 cup cheese, half olives into sauce and chicken mixture.
- Stir again.
- Flatten the mixture slightly.
- Add the rest of the cheese and the olives on top.
- Cook on low for about 40 – 60 minutes longer.
- Top with sour cream (optional)