Crisp and light on the outside, full and chewy on the inside, this Subway Cookies Recipe from Wendy’s Kitchen Table tastes amazing!
Bake them up for a delicious special treat. They get rave reviews and you can add your favorite fillings like chocolate or butterscotch chips, raisins, white chocolate chips, and Macadamia Nuts.
Subway Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 225g (8oz) butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- half cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- one cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups plain white flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Subway Cookies Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (356F) /160˚c fan-forced.Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream the butter with the brown and white sugars until well blended. Stir in the vanilla extract and add the egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and fold into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Gather the dough into a loose ball and cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for ½ an hour.
- Form into rounds the size of a golf ball and place 3 cm apart, on the baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until just light brown around the edges. Too much cooking will make the cookies hard. Cool on racks. Push down and flatten. They may seem a little underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
Want more Wendy?
- Check out all her recipes here