Crisp and light on the outside, full and chewy on the inside, this Subway Cookies Recipe from Wendy’s Kitchen Table tastes amazing!
Bake them up for a delicious special treat. They get rave reviews and you can add your favorite fillings like chocolate or butterscotch chips, You can even add raisins or white chocolate chips and Macadamia Nuts.
Subway Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 225g butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups plain white flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
How To Make Subway Cookies Recipe Video
We have included a video tutorial from Todds Kitchen. He will run through his version of the famous Subway Cookies Recipe with you. Click Play above to watch ^
Subway Cookies Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚c fan-forced.Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream the butter with the brown and white sugars until well blended. Stir in the vanilla extract and add the egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and fold into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Gather the dough into a loose ball and cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for ½ an hour.
- Form into rounds the size of a golf ball and place 3 cm apart, on the baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until just light brown around the edges. Too much cooking will make the cookies hard. Cool on racks. Push down and flatten. They may seem a little underdone, but they will firm up as they cool. Keep scrolling for video tutorial.
- Want more Wendy? Check out all her recipes here