If you thought you had seen all the best Tim Tam Recipes, think again! WHOot recipe contributor Phoodie made this incredible Tim Tam Hedgehog Slice and it’s a keeper!
Like many of Phoodie’s recipes, this treat requires no baking which is another bonus! It’s a combination of cake and slice and one look at her photos, you know it’s something special.
Tim Tam Hedgehog Slice Recipe Ingredients
- 275 grams (9.7oz) Tim Tams
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 150g (5.3oz) dark chocolate melts
- 100g (3.5oz) unsalted butter
- 300g (10.5oz) condensed milk
- 200g (7.05oz) white chocolate melts
- 100g (3.5oz) Tim Tams – roughly chopped
Tim-Tam Hedgehog Slice Method
1) Roughly chop all of your Tim Tams (you can chop the ones that you will use for the topping now as well and just set them aside)
2) In a bowl place chopped Tim Tams, the coconut and the cocoa and mix well. (Reminder, as I said above, make sure to set aside the extra 100g of chopped Tim Tams for the topping)
3) In a pan over a low heat melt together the dark chocolate melts, the butter and the condensed milk. Make sure to stir continuously and remove from heat the moment all ingredients are combined.
4) Pour this mixture over the 275g chopped Tim Tams/cocoa/coconut and mix well. Transfer immediately to a baking paper lined dish and flatten the top with a spatula.
5) Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 20-second bursts (stirring in between) and then pour evenly over the slice.
6) Top the white chocolate with 100g chopped Tim Tams and place in the fridge.
7) Allow an hour or so for the slice to set before cutting it into pieces.
That’s really all it takes to end up with this deliciousness!
More Phoodie Recipes To Try
Be sure to Follow Phoodie on Facebook