You’ll love this amazing Twix Ice Cream with Dulce de Leche! It’s the perfect way to cool off and satisfy that sweet tooth, too …
Blogger and Contributor Phoodie loves her ice cream! She admits that as the weather gets cooler, she craves it even more!
So, she came up with a simple way to whip up a batch of her favorite frozen treat. Her trademark ingredients are cream, condensed milk and in this case, she’s throwing in some Twix Bars!
Twix Ice Cream with Dulce de Leche via Phoodie
Just as with her other recipes, this no-fuss, ice cream results in an amazing flavor. How can you go wrong when Twix Bars are the star of the show! All you need to make it is your ingredients, a spoon and a mixing bowl! There is no need for churning or an ice cream machine! Just pop it in the freezer and it’s done.
Twix Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
(makes a loaf tin’s worth)
- 395 sweetened condensed milk
- 475ml thickened cream (whipped)
- 5 x 72g TWIX bars – chopped roughly into chunks – to swirl through ice cream
- 2 x 72g TWIX bars – chopped roughly into chunks – to crumble over ice cream
- 3 heaped teaspoons good quality Dulce de leche – to swirl as topping
Twix Ice Cream Recipe with Dulce de Leche via Phoodie
Twix Ice Cream Recipe Method
1) Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2) In another bowl, empty the tin of condensed milk. Add the chopped TWIX bars. Combine well.
3) One large spoonful at a time, add the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture. NOW, THIS PART IS IMPORTANT, DO NOT OVERMIX IT IN, gently FOLD it in. Spoonful by spoonful until it’s all in there.
4) Transfer to a baking paper lined loaf tin, top with remaining chopped TWIX and 3 heaped teaspoons of Dulce de leche (in swirls as per the pictures below) and freeze for a few hours, preferably overnight.
We hope you enjoy this scrumptious recipe! If you’d like to read more about Phoodie and her amazing blog, take a look below!
More Phoodie Recipes To Try
Be sure to Follow Phoodie on Facebook.